March 20 - Can I Get a Witness?

Wow. The miracles that happen to me never cease. Today, a frail elderly woman named Janet came to my door. She had had a fistful of pamphlets with names like "Awake!" and "the Watchtower" in one hand, and a small portfolio in the other.
She came to me to tell me about The Bible. She came to tell me about Jehovah.
I had been playing various Atari games for nearly two hours already, so my eyes were getting a bit fuzzy. Due to my level of restlessness, I decided it was high time I was saved.
Janet and I actually talked for quite a bit. I talked about my belief in a prime mover, but my problems with Jesus and the Bible being subjects of God. She immediately led me through countless passages of Acts, and Genesis, and the four Gospels, and told me of the consequences of blasphemy.
I have to admit it, though. I respect Jehovah's Witnesses and Atheists more than most Christians, because (for the most part) they have actually read the Book of books , not just blindly followed God. I think it stems from a good neighbor of mine, Lorrine Hood, who was also a witness and spent a great deal of time reading the Bible while she baby-sat me during morning hours. Mom would have to go to school (she was a teacher) no later than seven in the morning. I didn't have to be at school until nine.
Anyway, I invited Janet into my house, we sat on the couch, and we talked for a great wile about God, the Bible, Jehovah's Witnesses, and the history of man (and spider).

No comments: